Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Whirlwind!

Whirlwind it's been! Just that. Bad luck, spiritual warfare, carma. It's just been a sucky last 6 months. I've been on facebook, mind you; posted tidbits here and there about grief, car wrecks, stupid people, being humbled, and my favorite pumpkin recipes.

Admittedly, it's hard to start writing again. I'm afraid the floodgates will open. I had an assignment. I've tried it. It's a writing assignment. I love to do research. I could be a research assistant. Some REAL writers assistant that just needs research. That's one of the things I've found out about myself this year. (That and a plethora of other not so nice things) But, I haven't finished that assignment. I did find a prompt I thought I would try. It turned out completely different that I had intended. You try it. The prompt is: "When Nobody's Watching". Here's what I came up with.



When Nobody’s Watching
When nobody is watching, Jesus is.
When nobody is watching, I’m yelling at my kids.
When nobody is watching, I’m not on my best behavior.
When nobody is watching, I’m doing the dishes, the laundry, the toilets.
When nobody is watching in my head I’m planning meals, grocery lists and future graduations.
When nobody is watching, there’s someone watching:
My conscience, my heart, my head, my upbringing.
When nobody is watching, the sky is blue, the wind blows.
When nobody is watching, my children have grown.
When nobody is watching, the clock ticks, tocks, tick, tocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment